I’m going to be honest, summer is a great time to be a teacher. Since I don’t have any children or other part time jobs, I have a lot of free time in the summer (this blog was born out of that free time), and my to-read list grows exponentially. Here’s what I’m planning to read in July:
1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: this one got a lot of hype; hopefully it lives up to it.
2. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan: also a lot of hype, and I discovered last night that the cover glows in the dark, how cool is that?!
3. Sold by Patricia McCormick: I picked this one up on a whim at the bookstore with my birthday money, and was intrigued by the synopsis. It’s also a National Book Award finalist.
4. The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones: another whim, this time at the library. Might be silly, might be awesome.
5. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor: the finale of her Smoke and Bone trilogy. I’ve LOVED the first two, so I’m really excited to finish the story.
6. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon: yet another library whim.
7. Life after Life by Kate Atkinson (not pictured because it’s on my Kindle)
I also went a little request crazy at the library, and I currently have 20 active requests…so…some of the above to-read list might be pushed back based on when my holds come in. Shaping up to be a great month of reading!