Top Ten Tuesday is a link up hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s theme is “Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island”. So, without further ado, and based solely on my own arbitrary opinions, ten characters I would love to spend some more time with (in no particular order):
- Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter series): come on, you know Luna would at least be good for entertainment. 🙂
- Jessica Darling (Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty): Jessica is super creative and witty; she would be fun to talk to.
- Zuzana and Mik (Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor): these two are HILARIOUS. They provide so much comic relief to a very serious trilogy; hopefully they would do the same on a deserted island.
- Alanna (Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce): Alanna is a badass female knight, which makes this choice mostly practical; she can protect me from danger and hunt for our food.
- Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird): I would just love to pick Atticus’ brain.
- Chris McCandless (Into the Wild): There’s a lot I want to ask Chris, and he too would be good for conversation. I wouldn’t let him gather our food though… 😉
- Katniss (Hunger Games): more practical reasons such as protection and food.
- John Green (author, not character, I’m bending the rules here): He seems like a smart and funny guy, he could probably keep my brain sharp on a deserted island by teaching me about history or quizzing me on classic literature.
- ….I’m out of ideas.
Interestingly, I find myself drawn to quirky secondary characters, rather than main characters of novels. Secondary characters often have more laughter and life; they aren’t burdened the way main characters so often are. But, I think that is a topic for another post.